Learn how to become a better advocate in your own community by joining the Columbans in Washington, D.C. for a weeklong leadership and advocacy learning experience for young adults.
Dates: Sunday, July 30 2017 to Friday, August 3, 2017
Application Deadline: May 26, 2017
Age Range: 18 to 25
Cost: $250.00* Cost is not prohibitive, please let us know if you have any financial limitations or concerns.
While in DC, participants will…
- Learn about the U.S. political system and meet with change-makers in D.C.
- Learn about legislation that directly affects the people in your communities.
- Learn more about how YOU can participate in the political process and work for justice.
- Gain a deeper understanding of our faith’s call to advocate for the poor and vulnerable.
- Housing and meals near the Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach will be provided.
- Participants will meet with other faith-based and secular advocacy organizations.
- Participants will be asked to present their experience to their home communities and to stay connected with the Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com